Facilities Natura Camping on the beach 'Where rocks & Ocean collide'
Here at the Clifden ecoCampsite we offer rustic, modern, clean, & well maintained sanitary facilities, including hot 'hydro fresh' showering. They come with all the usual amenities such as hand towels & soap. Our kitchenette is equipped with fridge, freezers, microwave, electric kettle, dishwashing sinks, & seating. We also provide a private supply of pure quality, sterilized, crystal clear, 'Spring Water', that is unique to our campsite.
Our 'Spring Water' is of exceptional quality extracted from our sources beneath protected sand bearing soil & delivered fresh on demand (chlorine & THMs free) to all fixtures throughout. It meets or exceeds the requirements of the EU Drinking Water Regulations. Monitoring is in accordance with the international standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005 2nd Edition & all water samples are independently obtained by an environmental health officer. To date, all water sampled & tested in accordance with ISO standards has established a proven track record of 'Zero contamination'!
You will not find pool tables, video games, television rooms or a play ground on our park. Our philosophy is 'lets get back to nature & discover a real camping adventure'. Here, individuals & families can indulge in the beautiful natural amenities such as a safe private beach, fishing by the stream, campfires on the beach, an EU priority Machair Habitat and listed Geosite site. Additionally, several Natura 2000 sites, including self guided tours of Omey Island and the Aughrus peninsula, all within a 5 km radius.
We encourage all visitors that use ‘Blue/Pink Chemical Additives’ in their portable toilets to dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner at a chemical disposal point (CDP) prior to arrival. Biological additives or as the case maybe 'no additives' MUST be used with your portable loo & can only be disposed of at our eco site. Biological liquids for portable toilet/cassettes can be purchased at reception.
Excellent 4G LTE Connectivity.
For those of you that need to keep in check with the outside world. There is a seperate independent service provided by Three Ireland (4G LTE).
Limited WiFi Device Campsite. WiFi is only available to adults for essentials such as e-mails, searches, social media and skype.
Additional facilities on site
- Private Secluded Beach! 'Safe, soft, white & sandy'.
- Bike Hire
- Sea Kayaking (High Season).
- Traditional Boat Tours (High Season).
- Eco-campfires/braizer/wood - Privately located by your pitch or on the beach
- Spacious plots/pitches
- Free Crystal Clear, excellent quality approved 'Spring Water',
(sterilized as a precautionary measure).
- Bio/Chemical/Grey Water Disposal
- RV/Motor Home Service Station
- General/Recycling Waste Disposal
- Laundry facilities
- Iron/Ironing board
- Shop service
- Sheltered Harbour
- Mooring* and Harbour Access
- Secure Bike/Kayak Lock Up Barn
- Dog/Pet friendly
- Free secure mobile devise recharging
- 13 AMP power points
- Free telephone calls to Ireland & UK
- Local Pub/Shop/Post Office 2.5km from site
- 4G LTE connectivity (3 Ireland).
Adjacent to the Park:
- Pub/Bar Restaurant/Shop/Petrol Station/Post Office (2.3km).
- Self Guided Coastal Beach Walks to Omey Island.
- Self Guided Walk/Bike Tours of Aughrus Peninsula.
*Additional fees may be applicable for some or all of these services.
*All discounts subject to availability.
**Subject to availability,terms & conditions apply.